Will 400cc Moderate Plus silicone put me bigger than a C or top heavy?

I'm 30 years old. 4 pregnancies and breast fed them all. 34/A now hoping for 34 full C. Surgery in 6 days. I'm having cold feet. 5"8 138 lbs. Always at the beach w fam. Love staying fit. Don't want to be gawked at just admired.

Top heavy?

+2
The best person to answer this question is an experienced Plastic Surgeon who has performed an examination on you. Generally speaking 400cc implants are not overly large in someone 5'8" tall. 

Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

+2
Generally speaking he answer to your question is yes you should be bigger around a full c and not top heavy, but it does vary from patient to patient.

In my own practice we keep silicone gel implants of all sizes available for patients to try on in a testing bra. This is not a perfect teaching tool because under the muscle implants tend to lose some projection, but because my patients look it actual implants on their frame I find it the most helpful.

I encourage my patients to bring a friend or friends for a second or third opinion, and to bring a few different shirts.

I suggest as you look at implants you think about the relationship between the width of the breast and the width of the shoulders and hips. Two wide will make you look top heavy, too narrow will make the breasts look like torpedoes. I personally like to see the outer curve the breast have balance with the curve of the hip.

Once we hone in on the right diameter we then look at the projection of the breast which changes the cup size. At the correct diameter we can use a high moderate or low profile implant depending upon the patients goals.
Depending upon the starting situation, and the degree of droop we adjust accordingly.

Photographs of your goals are helpful, but they don't always tell the whole story. They don't always let you know a height and width of the entire patient.

Marwan R. Khalifeh, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

400 cc breast implant for a C cup

+2

Of course the most important thing is to  have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who will help you decide the same shape and size of breast implant to achieve the look that you want.

That said generally speaking 350-400 cc breast implants are required to go from an 8 to a C cup.  In my experience patients do not begin to look top-heavy until they get into the 400 to 500 cc range.

However it varies greatly with the individual body shape and breast shape. Please consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in breast surgery and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast aug

+1

A physical examination or picture evaluation will be required in order to determine and give you an opinion.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

+1

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural”  or “top heavy” or “C or D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging technology may also be very helpful during this communication process.
3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Given that your surgery is coming up in the near future, I would suggest that you spend additional time communicating with your plastic surgeon. I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to patients looking for a more “natural” look) helps.