Sutures remain weeks post-rhinoplasty. When will they dissolve?

Hello, I had rhinoplasty 6 1/2 weeks ago. There are still two sutures (stitches) inside my nose, one on each side. One is purple and one is clear plastic if that information is helpful. When will these dissolve? I am scheduled to go back to my surgeon in 2 1/2 weeks. Thanks!

+1
  Your surgeon may want these sutures in place or removed.  This would depend upon the purpose of each.  I would ask your surgeon.

Suture after rhinoplasty

+1

Your surgeon may have used s longer acting suture which lasts months to help hold the anterior septum in the midline. PDS suture is long lasting and clear.   Prolene strut is blue and is permanent and may require removal.  Noticing sutures at this point is nothing to worry about.  

Philip Solomon, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon