Suture Technique for Narrowing Nose Tip?

I would like to slightly narrow the tip of my nose. My side profile is wonderful, and the bridge of my nose is narrow, its only the tip that needs a small amount of narrowing. My doctor suggested the suture technique? Anyone have any opinions on this?

How to narrow the tip of your nose.

+1

If you need the tip of your nose narrowed, you need to find a board-certified, experienced, Rhinoplasty surgeon. You should also see many photos of patients with simillar nasal-tips as yours before proceeding.

The choice of techniques is not as important as your final result. There are many ways to narrow a nasal tip, and we as surgeons, tend to utilize techniques that will provide the desired result.

I've attached a recent Rhinoplasty photo that demonstrates tip refinement 3 mos. after surgery. This was achieved with angle-division, suturing the medial crurae, and a cephalic trim of the lower lateral cartilages. I know this sounds confusing, but there are so many different "suturing techniques", and no single one of them is superior. The choice of surgeon is critical.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/Action/Gallery/GalleryID/20505/PageID/4141/ProcedureNameID/90

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Suture techinique is one option.

+1

Yes I have an option. You  are describing a relatively simple method of nasal contouring called a tip rhinoplasty. Depending on what need to be done, a variety of procedures can be performed wioth the suture tecnique being a popular option