Why Suture still in the nose after 3 months rhinoplasty?

3 months rhino post ...I used q tip to clean the nose and I realized the suture still inside my nose ..hasnt dissolve. .should I go to see my surgeon to remove it or ive to wait for more times to dissolve???

Suture

+1

You should see your surgeon. He/she should be able to remove it without difficulty. Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

+1

I would recommend an exam by your surgeon to determine the nature of what you have found.

Suture in nose 3 months after rhinoplasty

+1

If you still have a suture in your nose 3 months after rhinoplasty, I would see your surgeon to be examined. It is possible it could be something other than a suture, but if it is a suture, it most likely should be removed at this point. Your surgeon knows the details about your particular surgery, so will be able to determine if it needs to come out or not.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon