Suture Removal - Now Burning Above Incision Site 3.5 Weeks Post Op

Hi 3.5 weeks post op have very small 1/4 inch spot that wouldnt close suture rejection I think. Doc took out some sutures today, felt it pulling about 5 inches above open spot, also applied silver nitrate to the open spot - now tonight that area (above) is burning bad - is this normal? as you can see she did an amazing job belly button is beautiful and overall i believe i am healing well - this new pain is quite concerning though, please give me your opinions. thank you kindly, michelle

Abnormal sensation after tummy tuck

+1

A burning sensation at the site of suture irritation and silver nitrate application is not unexpected. In general abnormal sensations in the abdominoplasty scar are going to persist for several months. The absorbable sutures typically take around 3-4 months to completely dissolve and can cause problems until then.If you develop redness or drainage you should contact your physician immediately.I hope this helps.

Regards,

Daniel Medalie M.D.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Burning sensation after abdominoplasty

+1

Some alterations in sensation, such as numbness or tingling, are normal following abdominoplasty, and silver nitrate may cause the feeling of burning in the area. However, you should report anything unusual to your plastic surgeon for evaluation.