Suture on Nose Tip After Rhinoplasty?

I had a rhinoplasty 17 days back and I can feel a stitch across the tip of my nostril. When I tried to pull it from the left side I felt some pressure on the right side and left it as it is. It is a purple colored suture and all other stitches have been removed by the surgeon. Can you advice about this? How long should I wait for this to dissolve? I also feel some numbness and slight pain on the right side of my nose.

Rhinoplasty and suture

+2

WIthout an exam and of course better yet being your surgeon, it may be difficult to tell you what that suture is. It is probably absorbable and you should ask your surgeon.

Suture on Nose TIp after Rhinoplasty

+2

There are numerous sutures that could be found where you are describing serving a multtude of purposes, and I would visit or call the surgeon to determine if this should be removed.  With regard to type of suture, hard to say but is probably an absorbable suture of PDS variety.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty Suture

+1

I would not attempt pulling on the suture yourself.  The easiest solution is to return to your surgeon and have them see if it needs to be removed.  It may be one final suture that was not removed.

Anthony Bared, MD
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Suture in Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

The suture may represent a suture that was used to help shape the tip of your nose.  I would recommend that you follow up with your surgeon because the surgeon will know where the suture was placed and the purpose of the suture.  

Michael Sundine, MD