Capsular Contracture 2 Weeks After Breast Augmentation with Lift?

BA and Lift Right breast received 425cc and Left 475 cc Moderate Round Plus left breast is still hard laying down rib cage hurt when I move surgeon says it could be just the stitches too tight. Is capsular contracture show that soon 2 weeks or is it just too soon for me to tell. Also why is it harder when sitting and standing and when I laid down it become soft was it with capsular contracture it will be hard at all times please advice?

Capsular contracture is highly unlikely at 2 weeks after breast implant augmentation surgery.

+1

IT is more likely that you are experiencing normal post-operative swelling and tightness. Capsular contracture is highly unlikely at 2 weeks after breast implant augmentation surgery.

Breast firmness 2 weeks after surgery

+1

Hi there-

Firmness of the breasts immediately after surgery is quite common and it would be unlikely that this represents capsular contracture, which would be rare (although not unheard of) this soon after the procedure....

Your best bet is to place your trust and confidence in the surgeon you chose to do the procedure- only they have the familiarity and understanding of how your surgery was done and your progress to date to responsibly advise you.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Breast lift with an implant. Post-operative recovery

+1

It is unlikely to be a capsular contracture so early after your procedure. It is likely the pectoralis major going into spasm after the implant placement under the muscle, and considering the relatively large size of breast implants this may be persistent for over one month.  The only symptom to look out for would be one breast significantly larger than the other which would indicate a breast hematoma. Please let me know if you have questions.

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

2 weeks post breast augmentation

+1

The breasts can feel quite firm two weeks after surgery. It is unlikely that you have developed a capsular contracture so soon afterwards.   Certainly close follow-up with your doctor is a good idea.