San Francisco Arm Lift Revision Specialist?

I'm afraid to go to my plastic surgeon who originally did this surgery in Palm Desert. I had 3 revision surgeries within about two months starting a few weeks after original surgery, making matters much worse,while in the condition seen in photo. My infection was NOT treated, and my arms have horrific scars and are often painful, even now after almost a year(original surgery aboutJanuary 20, 2010). Is there a brachioplasty revision specialist in the S.F. Bay Area who can help me please? 1/1/2011

San Francisco Arm Lift Revision Specialist

+1

The ASPS website is a good starting point to find a qualified surgeon. Dr. Gabriel Kind and Dr. Karoline S. Nowillo are two possibilities. Consult with 2 -3 surgeons in your area to find one that best meets your needs.

Armlifting revision

+1
I am sorry to hear about what you have gone through. I agree that you should allow things to heal before having another revision. I also agree that visiting the ASPS website for a certified surgeon is a good way to start. Do your research, ask to see before and after photos and even speak to other patients who have undergone armlifting surgery.

Arm Lift Revision

+1

Please contact the ASPS and ask for a listing of surgeons in your area. You can then contact the offices and ask about experience regarding a revision. Best of luck!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Poor results from arm lift procedures

+1

Unfortunately you have had some bad experiences with your arm lift procedure leaving you with undesirable results.  You should seek a few opinions from reputable board certified plastic surgeons in the S.F. area even including the two medical centers: UCSF and Stanford. Corrections can be made but you must feel absolutely comfortable with the surgeon that you ultimately select. One caveat: there are no guarantees.

Good luck!

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Arm Lift Revision.

+1

Your photos seem to show some problematic scarring but are hard to read.  Your choice could be to check with surgeons certified by the ABPS of which there are many in the Bay Area.  A visit to the plastic surgeons at  UCSF or Stanford University is always a safe start to gather info.   Get 3 opinions.  Many surgeons do not charge for consultation, so it only costs you time and gasoline etc.     Revisions are possible and you should see much improvement.  Good luck.  Remember ....the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift in San Francisco

+1

I am sorry that you have such issues at this point. The best way to find a plastic surgeon in your area is to go on line and visit the ASPS or ASAPS websites to locate a surgeon in your area. When you get  few names, then ask around your community.

Brachioplasty revision

+1

I am sorry for your experience. I am sorry that I am unable to provide you with a referral in your area. If you are inclined to travel I am located in South Florida. We could set up a skype consultation to further discuss your options. I wish you the best of luck.

Bernard Shuster, MD
Hollywood Plastic Surgeon

Brachioplasty revisions

+1

Unfortunately, scars from arm lifts have a tendency to not heral well but it is unusual to have three revisions already. I recommend waiting until everything settles down-the wounds heal, soften. You should be wearing silicone sheeting over them to help them heal and maybe be treated with cortisone injections and/or laser. Once they settle down and the skin is looser, they can be revised. I would really,unfortunately, be more conservative before another revision is done.  Find a plastic surgeon who is a member of the American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons. I am President of this exclusive organisation that is made up of plastic surgeons with special interest in body contouring after bariatric surgery.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift

+1

Hello Susan, ouch!  Sorry about your troubles.  This is repairable, and it will look good when all is over (the good news).  The bad news is that it will take a bit of time.  I perform many of these procedures, especially as part of bariatric plastic surgery interests.  You can call my office and make an appointment and I will discuss the option is detail.  My office is in San Francisco.

Shahin Javaheri, MD