Should I Have a Non Surgical, or Surgical Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I am getting married next year and have always wanted to change my nose - I now have the motivation to. However, I am undecided as to whether to have a full rhinoplasty or a non surgical rhinoplasty. I am not sure I dislike my nose enough to go through the trauma of surgery, yet I want it to look perfect "on the day". Can non surgical techniques help me achieve my aims of: a more symmetrical nose, more turn up (when I smile it points down and my teeth are a bit hidden) and concealment of the bump?

Should I Have a Non Surgical, or Surgical Rhinoplasty?

+1

Fillers could give a slight improvement to your nose but ONLY surgery gives the better chance of an improved appearance. 

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty

+1

A good rule of thumb in any discussion of cosmetic surgery is to do that procedure which gives the best result with the least amount of work.   If you can accomplish what  you want with botox and a filler, I think that makes good sense.  As you are probably aware, these treatments are temporary.

I think that your nose has a lot of appealing features.  Nonsurgical approaches are not the answer for most patients perhaps but in your case, that just might be enough.  Congratulations,

Douglas Hargrave

Douglas Hargrave, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty

+1
You can have fillers and botox to help shape the nose though the result will be temporary as any permant fill should be avoided. Suppose after the wedding when the pictures don't match up will need some explaining.

Pre-Wedding Non Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

Congratulations on your engagement!  Many brides are turning towards enhancing their appearance in preparation for their big day.  Based on the concerns you've expressed, you may be a candidate for non-surgical rhinoplasty to improve your nasal symmetry and conceal your nasal hump although an in-person evaluation is recommended.  The nose turns down when you smile (ptosis) because of a muscle and this can be addressed non-surgically as well with Botox or Dysport.  Please keep in mind that unlike surgical rhinoplasty, these are not permanent solutions for your concerns.  I would advise that you do this as far in advance of your wedding day to ensure that you are happy with your results.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Surgical vs Non-surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

To me a "non-surgical rhinoplasty" is an oxymoron because a rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure. Having said that I think your nose can be temporarily improved with the injection of fillers such as Juvaderm or Radiesse; the results will last 12-18 months. I strongly recommend that you avoid permanent fillers - if there are complications, the results can be devastating. Please consider a surgical correction that will last a lifetime. Congratulations on your engagement.

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty to obtain a perfect nose "for a day"

+1

Based on your pictures I think that your goal of having a "perfect" nose on your wedding day can be satisfactorily achieved with nonsurgical rhinoplasty.  If you are happy with a temporary change to your nose, a reasonable option would be to have nonsurgical rhinoplasty with a hyaluronic acid (Restylane or Perlane) to camouflage your dorsal hump and improve the symmetry of your nose.  A microinjection of Botox/Dysport to your depressor septi muscle would help reduce the ptosis (drooping) of your tip with smiling and would slightly rotate it (turn it upward).  

The benefit of this is that you would see the results almost instantly, and therefore you could decide if this is a sufficient improvement for your wedding day.  If it's not?  You can dissolve the hyaluronic acid, and in 3 months the Botox/Dysport will wear off.  If you decide the surgical route, the more time you have to heal the better your nose will look.      

Donald B. Yoo, MD