Is It Possible to Surgically Remove Scar Tissue from an Old Ear Piercing?

I removed an ear piercing before it was fully healed and although it is not a keloid, there is scar tissue. Is it possible to remove it? How much would it cost?

Earlobe scars can be improved with scar revision

+1

You may have a thickened scar that can be treated with IIT or simple excision. Both of these options can improve your earlobe scar. 

Removing ear piercing scar

+1

There are several options for treating scar tissue in an ear. In some cases, we will inject cortisone (sometimes 1-5 treatments on a monthly basis) which can work quite well to break down scar tissue. In other cases, the scar tissue is cut out surgically. Best to have a consultation with a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to decide the best option for you. We'd be happy to assess you at Toronto Dermatology Centre, phone: 416-633-0001.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

+1

There are many treatments available to reduce or remove scar tissue. A consultation or at least photos would be required to let you know which is most appropriate in your case. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ear piercing and scar tissue

+1

Without a proper evaluation it is difficult to say what if anything can be done for you.  It is best to go for a consultation.