Can You Surgically Close a Belly Piercing?

I recently got my belly button piercing and I'm positive that one day I will get sick of it. I just need some reassurance that it can be surgically closed at any time. If this surgery does exist, how much would it cost?

Scar revision for a piercing on the belly button. Closing a belly button or umbilical navel piercing to make it look better

+1

There is a small surgical procedure under local anesthesia that can improve belly button and navel scars resulting from navel piercing. I perform these procedures under local anesthesia.

Belly button piercing

+1

Yes it is relatively easy to close this belly button piercing. It would be similar to closing  apierced earlobe and can be done under local anesthesia in the office.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Can you surgically close a belly piercing?

+1

Yes, you can surgically close a belly piercing.  It would be a fairly simple procedure that could be done in a surgeon's office.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon