Does Tummy Tuck Surgery Affect Menstrual Periods?

went for tt in a nearby parlor before i went i had missed my periods (d previous month)but had got a pregnancy test done it was negative. took meprate tabs for a week to get periods. again its 1n half month since i got my periods.. m fininshin my remainin tt sessions 5 more r der.. is tt tuck affectin my periods?

Tummy Tuck will not affect Menstruation

+2

A Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) Procedure does not change anything below the surface of the abdomen. However, the psychological stress of having the operation MAY hasten a period (we have all had women who began their period during surgery) or delay it.

As regards your case, I do not think you are referring to what we refer to a Tummy Tuck in the US. It sounds like you are referring to another therapy:"went for tt in a nearby parlor .. m fininshin my remainin tt sessions 5 more r der.. " A Tummy Tuck is a real operation performed in an operating room (hopefully fully accredited and certified and it is NOT done in sessions, but as one procedure.

Dr. Aldea

Alteration in menstrual cycle with surgery

+1

I have observed that the stress of surgery can sometimes alter menstrual cycles and not necessarily the specific surgery itself.