I Have a Surgical Scar on my Nose Which is the Result of an Assault by an Unknown Guy. He Bit Me on the Nose? (photo)

i m a 27 year old female. i have a surgical scar on my nose which is the result of a brutal assault by an unknown guy. he bit me on the nose. it has been 3 months since the reconstructive surgery. which is the best way to remove it 100% either by cream/ surgery? and should it be done by a plastic surgeon or a dermatologist? one of the dermatologist suggested fraxel laser surgery.

I Have a Surgical Scar on my Nose Which is the Result of an Assault by an Unknown Guy. He Bit Me on the Nose?

+2

Given the injury you describe it appears that you've healed quite well. In my experience scars such as these respond very well to a single treatment of dermabrasion (NOT microdermabrasion). The tissue is essentially sanded to level out the raised scar, blend the tissues and overall lead to a significant reduction in scar tissue. Fraxel or fractionated CO2 laser will likely also be beneficial but you will likely require multiple treatments going that route. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon