I Have a Surgical Scar on my Nose Which is the Result of an Assault by an Unknown Guy. He Bit Me on the Nose? (photo)

i m a 27 year old female. i have a surgical scar on my nose which is the result of a brutal assault by an unknown guy. he bit me on the nose. it has been 3 months since the reconstructive surgery. which is the best way to remove it 100% either by cream/ surgery? and should it be done by a plastic surgeon or a dermatologist? one of the dermatologist suggested fraxel laser surgery.

I Have a Surgical Scar on my Nose Which is the Result of an Assault by an Unknown Guy. He Bit Me on the Nose?

Given the injury you describe it appears that you've healed quite well. In my experience scars such as these respond very well to a single treatment of dermabrasion (NOT microdermabrasion). The tissue is essentially sanded to level out the raised scar, blend the tissues and overall lead to a significant reduction in scar tissue. Fraxel or fractionated CO2 laser will likely also be beneficial but you will likely require multiple treatments going that route. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon