Should I Consider Non-surgical Rhinoplasty?

I know I might seem young, being only 17 and wanting to change the way my nose looks, but I've never been happy with it, I feel that it makes me ugly and insecure. So I've actually been considering a nose job, but I could never afford something like that, and I've been looking at non-surgical rhinoplasty, and the results are amazing! I just don't know if it's for me?

Non surgical rhinoplasty is generally best for those who need a larger nose

+2

Hi there,

You are precient to seek out non-surgical options for making cosmetic changes.  In general the revolution of minimally invasive techniques has been a quantum leap forward in our ability to help patients achieve their cosmetic goals.

The deal with non-surgical rhinoplasty is that it involves injecting a filler to change the shape of the nose.  It can smooth out contours and create form.  Now these fillers do their work by ADDING volume to the nose.  People who have ill-defined nasal tips or poorly defined nasal bridges are the best candidates for this technique.

In your situation, you have a pretty face (which is a great place to start!), but you are right to notice that from a pure aesthetic perspective, your nose is slightly out of proportion to the rest of your face.  You have tip ptosis ( a droopy nasal tip) as well as a wide and raised nasal dorsum (bridge).  These are situations that are not amenable to filling as an option for rhinoplasty. Unfortunately, the only way to address these issues is with traditional rhinoplasty surgery.

You are quite young at 17, and your nose is still changing.  My advice for you: enjoy your natural beauty and punt this rhinoplasty option into the future.  Work hard in school and land a nice lucrative job so that you can reward yourself in your 20s with the nose that you've always wanted.

Best of luck to you.

Austin Oculoplastic Surgeon

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty is good for making a nose bigger and taller, but not smaller and shorter.

+1

You won't be happy with the results of a nonsurgical rhinoplasty because it will not address the areas that likely are bothering you.  It's great for augmenting (adding volume) a nose, but can do nothing to reduce the size of it.  It may not be the answer you want, but if your nose is really bothering you, then surgical rhinoplasty is your best option for changing the appearance of it.   

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty

+1

I would not recommend nonsurgical rhinoplasty for you as the changes that would aesthetically improve your nose require careful removal of parts of your nasal cartilage to rotate your tip up and narrow it.  There is no nonsurgical way of achieving this.

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Rian A. Maercks, MD

Non-surgical Rhinoplasty is very good for filling in small defects

+1

It’s hard to tell from the photographs.  Non-surgical Rhinoplasty is very good for filling in small defects or filling out the nose.  But, it can’t make the nose smaller.  If the nose is a little bit too wide (which is what it looks like from the photo) a non-surgical Rhinoplasty with filler will probably not be helpful.

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Non surgical nose job not good to make nose smaller.

+1

Hi.

I guess it is unanimous.  But you would benefit by a real nose job.  If money is a problem, go to the plastic surgery clinic of a teaching hospital.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Don't do it! You will likely be disappointed.

+1

You are absolutely correct that there has been a recent revolution in the use of cosmetic applications of injectable fillers.  In the correct patient, the results of this can be very satisfactory, sometimes even excellent.  That said, it does not look like it would be the correct answer for your particular anatomy.  In your case, a traditional rhinoplasty would be your best bet.  But I agree that you should relax about this for now.  You are young and beautiful and should be confident in your appearance.  

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon