Can I Get a Surgical Rhinoplasty Immediately After the Injectable Filler (Juvederm) Has Worn Off?

I am considering rhinoplasty, but I haven't figured out if I want to go down the surgical path or filler. I was originally thinking of using the filler (Juvederm) for a few months first, and when I'm use to and satisfied with my look, I can move on to the permanent procedure. I was told that the filler only lasts about 9-12 months... so my question is: Can I get a surgical rhino immediately after the Juvederm has worn out? Or do I need to wait for a longer period of time (if so, how long)?

Juvederm and Rhinoplasty

You should be fine to proceed with surgical procedures after your filler has worn off.  That can be a difficult call and should best be addressed initially with the surgeon that placed your fillers.

I would caution you to avoid making decisions based on time only, however.  I have seen some fillers persist for over 2 years in areas that are less mobile such as the lower eyelids and nasal dorsum.

Speak with your surgeon before considering any surgical procedures.

Take care, 

Dr. Todd Hobgood

Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

8415 N Pima Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85258

Best to be sure the filler is gone before the Rhinoplasty IMHO.  Fillers for so called, non surgical Rhinoplasty is far less reliable than a formal Rhinoplasty IMO.  Be sure your Rhinoplasty Surgeon understands the proper aesthetics of facial (and nasal) beauty.

8500 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211

Rhinoplasty after Fillers in Nose

Although it is not what I would recommend, you can have a rhinoplasty after using fillers as a temporary measure. I find that Juvederm normally lasts at least a year.  Be sure that you document the nasal appearance with pictures before Juvederm so you can determine when the filler is gone.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Filler in the nose

I am not a big fan of fillers in the nose unless it is for minor irregularities.  Fillers tend to last longer in the nose than other areas.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Rhinoplasty Immediately After Injectable Filler

Once the filler has worn off is is OK to do rhinoplasty.  Juvederm can last much longer than  a year in the nose BUT it can be dissolved with an injection of hyaluronidase.  

Sam Naficy, MD

1110 112th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98004