Non Surgical Rhinoplasty to Give Me the Appearance of a Slimmer Nose? (photo)

I am looking into getting Juvederm as a filler for a non surgical rhinoplasty. I would like to raise my nose bridge near my tip and make it more defined to give the appearance of a slimmer nose. Could this work?

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty to Give Me the Appearance of a Slimmer Nose?

You would be able to build up the nasal bridge with a non-surgical Rhinoplasty = injection of a temporary filler to the nose.  The higher dorsum would make the nose appear more thin, however any filler placed in the nasal tip would add volume (as all fillers do) making the tip larger, not smaller.  Fillers in wide tips have very limited real application in my opinion.

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

Hi,

I wouldnt advise a non-surgical rhinoplasty for your concerns. I have done many revisions and found scar tissue and injected implant material making it difficult to redo the nose. Consider a primary rhinoplasty to achieve the results you are looking for. You'll avoid paying more and revision surgery...

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Non-surgical Rhinoplasty #nosejob

Used in the right situation, I love using filler in the nose for certain things. I am not so sure it will make your nose look slimmer however. There are many forces on the nose that can be changed to create a more slim appearance. You do appear to have an ethnic nose with thicker skin. Those noses tend to be more broad in nature with larger nostrils. You need to seek a very experienced surgeon who is board certified and specializes in Rhinoplasty surgery to guide you through this decision.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Questions about non surgical rhinoplasty

You are never going to make your nose appear smaller by adding a filler.  You appear to have thick nasal skin and the only way to change your nasal shape will be with a rhinoplasty.  

Not likely to get what you want

Filler used for fine tuning after a rhinoplasty can give some temporary and relatively predictable results.  What you are asking is not a great idea with a filler......and it is temporary.....very temporary. In looking at your photos I have to ask how adding a filler will change the significant width of your tip.  You seem to have thick skin and might need some cartilage grafts in the tip along with some narrowing to get more definition.  You should see an experienced rhinoplastic surgeon for an opinion.  Below is a link that might be helpful. 

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty to Give Me the Appearance of a Slimmer Nose

Filler is unlikely to give you the result that you desire. Rhinoplasty is typically the best option for slimming the nose. There is a chance that filler treatment to raise your nasal bridge in the supratip area will give the illusion of narrowing but it's unlikely that this will give you the amount of narrowing that you're looking for. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non surgical rhinoplasty unlikely to slim

The difficulty with filler for 'non surgical' rhinoplasty is that Juvederm, and fillers like it, will add volume and affect contours by plumping, and not by slimming. Rhinoplasty is your best option if you are really ready.

Non-surgical

It's hard to make an area look smaller and more refined by ADDING to its volume. While a low bridge can be raised, and irregularities "filled up" via one of various temporary tissue fillers, adding to the tip will only increase its projection and likely not give much in the way of improvement. (Not to mention being temporary).

You really need a surgical rhinoplasty to achieve the changes you are requesting.

Far too many patients (and surgeons, it seems these days) are willing to waste your money for the unfulfilled hope that you can get something for nothing, or in this case, something for less.

As with most things that sound too good to be true, this is one of those areas. See an experienced ABPS-certified plastic surgeon for advice regarding rhinoplasty. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Injectable Fillers Will Not Make A Slim Nose

No injectable filler treatment is going to give the appearance of a slimmer nose. What you are trying to achieve can only be done by a surgical rhinoplasty.

Filler to Help with the Tip

Whenever a tip needs to be refined or that is the goal of the patient, filler is a very poor substitute.  Filler works best to camouflage irregularities and for improvement of depressions or asymmetry.  A rhinoplasty would give you the results you seek, and these would be permanent as well.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA