Would a Non-surgical Rhinoplasty Fix the Bump on my Nose?

Firstly i was born with a pretty nice nose, but ive had to wear glasses for the past few years and this is what i believe has left a dent/bump on my nose. I can really feel the bone where the bump is, and in the photo, is the right side of my nose where it is worst. The left side is grand. Is it bad? Could non-surgical rhinoplasty sort it out and make it look like it use to? I dont wear glasses anymore and the bump just seems to bother me. Many thanks for any help and info!

Nasal improvement

+1

I do not think based upon the single photo that you posted that filler material is the best way to go to soften the dorsal hump that you have.  A rhinoplasty may be a better solution.

Fillers not recommended for nose

+1

We do not recommend filler injections in the nose because of multiple disastrous complications that have occurred from them. It is best to undergo rhinoplasty to remove the hump rather than injectables to be placed inside the nose.  

Non-surgical Rhinoplasty: Can it help a bump?

+1

The photo that you posted shows a marked bump at the top of your nose and a relatively deep angle between the top of the nose and the forehead (called a "deep radix").  Since your bump appears worse from your right side ("The left side is grand"), then it may also be that your nose is a bit deviated.  Please note that the photo you posted is of your left side, which you say is your better side.  Regardless, the bump may be improved with a filler like Restylane by filling the deep radix.  However, I think it is too high to be completely masked with filler.

Just to clarify, you believe that your bump was caused by your wearing glasses.  It was not.  Glasses do not create bumps on the bridge of the nose.  It was likely that your nose was still developing and you happen to have been wearing glasses during that time.

Good luck! 

Minas Constantinides, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

The bump on your nose is too large to camouflage with Injectable Fillers.

+1

I read your concern and reviewed the photo you posted. Your nasal "bump" is a bit too large to effectively treat without surgery. Adding filler above your bump will only make your nose larger.

You could consult a reputable rhinoplasty specialist to help see what's best for you.

All the best from NJ.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical (Filler only) Rhinoplasty CANNOT "Fix" A Nasal Bump / Hump

+1

Regarding: "Firstly i was born with a pretty nice nose, but ive had to wear glasses for the past few years and this is what i believe has left a dent/bump on my nose. I can really feel the bone where the bump is, and in the photo, is the right side of my nose where it is worst. The left side is grand. Is it bad? Could non-surgical rhinoplasty sort it out and make it look like it use to? I dont wear glasses anymore and the bump just seems to bother me. Many thanks for any help and info!"

The quality of the photograph is not good enough to discern a depression on one side of the nose.

Use of fillers to camouflage an underlying asymmetry or irregularity is termed Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty. While useful for minor deformities, this technique is NOT applicable to larger deformities of the nose.

You are a very attractive woman but you have a pronounced nasal hump involving BOTH the short nasal bones as well as the upper lateral nasal cartilages. The nose could be made MUCH more feminine and attractive with a Reduction Rhinoplasty. This cannot be accomplished by masking the deformity with filler (Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty). If this aspect of the nose does not bother you in the least, I would leave it alone.

Dr. Peter Aldea