Will Non-surgical Rhinoplasty Fix my Asymmetrical Nose?

From age 25 I noticed a line in shadow across my nose which gradually became more prominent. It's only on one side making the nose look asymmetrical. The line starts as a lump on the left side and the enlarged cartilage runs from it to the right tip. It looks like a large vein, even though its cartilage. It makes the whole left side look drooped. What do you think this is, and can non surgical fillers fix it? I don't want to change the shape of my nose or have surgery if I can help it.

Fillers are temporary and will not "fix it".

+1

Fillers are temporary and will not "fix it". Fillers can be used however to temporarily raise or fill in low areas to give the optical impression that it is straighter. If the problem is warped or twisted nasal cartilages, surgery is probably the only answer.

Before Committing to a Filler, or even Surgery, Do a " Demo"

+1

A " demo" is where sterile saline ( salt water) is injected into the area that might benefit from permanent filling. If it looks good to you, that means that using the filler should be successful.

That is the best way to visualize the result with no risk.

The " demo" technique is described in both my books, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON and THE ESSENTIAL COSMETIC SURGERY COMPANION.

Check it out.

-Robert Kotler, MD, FACS

Robert Kotler, MD

A well-performed Injectable Filler procedure may be used to restore symmetry to your nose. Video attached.

+1

I read your concern and reviewed your photos. You appear to have a long nose with an indentation above your nostril on your right side. My hunch is that you would be a better candidate for Rhinoplasty Surgery to decrease the length of your nose, and to use a cartilage spreader-graft to improve the indentation on the right side of your nose.

If you're happy with the overall appearance of your nose, but only wish to improve symmetry, you could consider an Injectable Filler treatment to the indented area on your right. This will increase the width of your nose in the area of injection. My personal preference is to use Silikon-1000, an off-label filler, for permanent results.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Regards from NJ:

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon