Which Filler Is Normal For A Non Surgical Rhinoplasty?

which is the best filler to use? wont it slide to the sides or nose tip? Is there any permanent product for a nose augmentation

Radiesse: The best Filler for the Non-Surgical Nose Job

+1

I can say with confidence that I believe the best filler, hands down, is Radiesse. It is a calcium hydroxyapatite crystal gel that contains the same formulation as bone and teeth. I don't recommend other formulas because they can move, cause inflammation, or be lumpy & bumpy. As for your concern about the sliding, Radiesse hardens quickly and is molded by the physician to your desired aesthetic during the procedure. After this time, it is very similar to bone and does not slide around beneath the skin.

Liquid Injectable Silicone Excellent Filler For Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

It is important that you find a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon who has a lot of experience using fillers for correcting nasal defects (also known as the non-surgical rhinoplasty).  That being said, liquid injectable silicone (LIS) is an excellent filler for the non-surgical rhinoplasty for three reasons: it is permanent, it is incredibly precise, and it gives very natural looking results.  When injected properly with the micro-droplet injection technique in a conservative fashion, the results are predictable and excellent.  I have never had any patients experience and movement or alteration of the silicone once placed into the desired area.  Feel free to browse through our photo gallery for several before and after photos of the non-surgical rhinoplasty with liquid injectable silicone. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Best filler is the filler the doctor is most comfortable using

+1

The answer:  the best filler is the filler that the doctor is most comfortable using.  The first decision is whether or not you should use a temporary or permanent filler.  Some patients wish to be very cautious in the approach and, therefore, using a temporary filler to see the results, and have the results sustain for several months, is fine and practical.  Permanent fillers, of course, have the great advantage of being in place forever and, therefore, repeat visits to the doctor for the rest of your life.  For temporary fillers, it is not necessary. 

Depending on the degree of your doctor's specialization, he or she will have an array of materials available to considered.  You asked, "Is there any permanent product for a nose augmentation?," the answer is yes.  The best-known permanent filler used in the nose to correct dents, divots, and depressions is an off-label use of a medical-grade liquid silicone, Silikon-1000.  Microdroplets of that generally do the job nicely.  Silikon-1000 It has a long track record of success in the United States, having been first used in 1950. 

I would suggest that you consult with a specialist who has a facility, familiarity, and experience with fillers for a personal evaluation and recommendation. 

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON
Author, THE ESSENTIAL COSMETIC SURGERY COMPANION

Robert Kotler, MD

Silikon-1000 may be used by experienced physicians for permanent, Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty treatments.

+1

During my fellowship in Facial Plastic Surgery, my rhinoplasty teacher taught me the art of using small amounts of Silikon-1000 for improving irregularities following Rhinoplasty Surgery.  Silikon-1000 is an off-label filler that may be used to improve the appearance of your nose provided the material is injected properly and in small amounts. You also must be a good candidate for an injectable filler treatment for your nose.

In my practice, problems related to silicone injections in the nose are rare. You can form a nodule or bump (<1% of procedures), or rarely you can get a local area of prolonged redness (.03% of procedures). Noses that are heavily grafted from previous rhinoplasty have a tendency to be more problematic than overresected noses that welcome the added volume.

You may want to re-post your question with photos for the RealSelf community of experts to comment on.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon