What type of filler would be best on Asian nose? (photo)
Doctor Answers (3)
Voluma for dorsal augmentation
Considerations when undergoing nonsurgical rhinoplasty
-It is temporary (the best fillers are hyaluronic acid fillers such as Restylane and Voluma which can be reversed)
-Nonsurgical rhinoplasty can only add volume, not take it away (meaning it can not reduce the width of your nostrils)
While it can address some of your aesthetic concerns, a surgical rhinoplasty is the only way to address all of them in a permanent fashion.
Consulting with a rhinoplasty specialist, experienced in surgical and nonsurgical rhinoplasty, will allow you to best weigh your options.
Type of filler for the nose
- The choice of filler depends on the doctor
- I prefer to use Restylane and Perlane, and other physicians use Radiesse or Juvederm
- I like Restylane and Perlane because they can "stack up" or "lift" the skin, it is reversible and does not cause long term problems
- I have found that Juvederm can travel and Radiesse leaves calcium deposits if you ever want to have surgery
- Radiesse is also irreversible, so there is a commitment with it
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.