I am 24 years old and I am self conscious about taking off my glasses. Non Surgical Way to Remove Under Eye Puffiness? (photo)

Non Surgical Way to Remove Under Eye Puffiness? I am 24 years old and I am self concious about taking off my glasses because it is so puffy underneath my eyes. Is there a non surgical way to remove the under eye puffiness?

There is no effective non-surgical way to remove eyelid puffiness. Fillers are camouflage.

+4

Filler injections can plump the depression beneath your lower eyelid and camouflage the puffiness.

However BE CAREFUL. Eyelid filler injection requires an expert. I would only allow one doctor to do filler injection in my or a loved one's eyelid and that is Dr. Haideh Hirmand in New York City. I have seen too many patients have complications from this procedure when done by an inexperienced doctor.

To structurally remove eyelid puffiness requires fat removal with a Plastic Surgery Procedure called a Blepharoplasty.

Voluma to even out the contour of your face

+1
Thank you for your question. I recommend learning more about Voluma; this facial filler will instantly restore lost volume to the mid-face area. The results will give you a younger more youthful appearance. It is best to consult with your doctor to decide if this filler is the best option for you.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Treatment of under eye puffiness

+1

Fillers do not deal with the real problem here. The puffiness can be dramatically improved by treating the tone of this under eye skin. I use ePrime, a radiofrequency device that produces elastin, collagen and hyaluronic acid in the treated skin. This can be combined with a fractionated CO2 laser treatment to give spectacular results.

Todd C. Becker, MD, PhD
Boulder Dermatologist

Undereye puffiness

+1

Restylane should work very well for you. I can't tell from your photos if you actually have true puffiness (from excess fat) or just a shadow. The Restylane will work great for the shadow. If it's truely fat than a transconjunctival blepharoplasty is the solution. Although that's surgery it's really easy with extremely little recovery. Works great. If you get the Restylane performed, make sure you have someone good do it. I've seen bad jobs by non-md's. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD