Non Surgical Procedure for Eye Bag Removal? (photo)

Hello I am a 41 male and have had eye bags for most of my life. I can only remember 2 times in my life when I didn't have them and that was when I was on a cleanse/detoxification with a naturopath. Now seeing as I am not interested in eating like a rabbit for the rest of my life I'm looking for non-surgical ways of reducing or eliminating them. I have seen results with fillers and I am not impressed as they do not even last long. Blepharoplasty is not an option.

Nonsurgical eye bag removal

+2

The picture shows a significant amount  of fat herniation in the lower lids.  It is impossible to treat this area with nonsurgical methods.  A simple lower lid transconjunctival blepharoplasty takes 30 minutes under a general anesthesia. There is very little post-op pain with this type of surgery There are only 2 small 1/4 inch incisions placed on the inside of the lower lid thru which the fat is teased out.

Surgery is best method for removal of fat pads--and it leaves no scars

+2

For eyelid bag removal, transconjunctival surgery is the best method to remove the fat pads.  This leaves no outside scar and gives an excellent result.  Fillers can then be used in the tear trough area to smooth things out if it is necessary.  Laser is not effective most of the time for fat pad types of eye bags.  However, it can be used to tighten the skin along with surgical removal of the bags.  Each person has to be evaluated in the light of what the defects are, what the surgeon’s experience is, and whether the budget will allow them.  The most important thing is to find a board-approved plastic surgeon with experience in this type of surgery and to ask the physician for patient recommendations.

James Carraway, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Fillers to Improve Eye Bags

+1

We do a lot of lower eyelid filler work with a permanent filler called silicone, which works beautifully in this area. Based on the picture, you may be able to really blend out the eye bag by filling in the creases beneath the eye bags.  An in-person consultation will be invaluable as being able to see and touch the areas will help confirm whether my thoughts on filler may in fact be correct. Click on the link below to see before and after photos of patients' lower eyelid areas treated with silicone.

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Non surgical eye bag removal

+1

Based on your photos, I don't believe that there is a non-surgical solution for your eye bags. You have significant pseudoherniation of orbital fat. In other words, the fat from inside the orbit (the bony space that houses your eyeball, eye muscles, optic nerve and fat) is pushing outward on the muscle and skin that surrounds your eyes. Consequently you have prominent bags of the lower lids.

Fillers may be suggested for the tear trough area in some, but in your case I think that may serve to worsen the problem. Blepharoplasty could likely be done from the inside portion of the lid so that there are no external scars. Recovery would be about 1-2 weeks. It may be worth it for your to undergo surgery and endure the short recovery rather than try multiple less invasive, but less effective treatment methods.

michael kim, md

Michael M. Kim, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bags

+1

When one contacts a Cosmetic Surgeon, they will provide you with many different surgical and non-surgical options for lower eyelid rejuvenation.  However, there is no true substitute for appropriate facial cosmetic surgery.  Consult with an experienced Cosmetic Surgeon today and discover your options!

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unfortunuately you are barking up the wrong tree.

+1

There is no substitute for a personal consultation and occasionally we pull off miracles with chemical peels, which can honestly resemble a surgery.  However, based on the photograph I do not believe that anything short of actually surgery is going to help your issue.  When you are ready the American Society for Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery maintains a geographic directory on their website that can help you find a very well trained ocuoloplastic surgeon in your area to help you.

Non surgical eyelid improvement

+1

I have reviewed your photos and would recommend to following:  First you have protruding fat pads beneath your eyes causing a depression at the lower border of the pads and the junction of the cheek.  I have found that a small amount of a dermal filler at this junction will raise the depression and cause a smoother transition between the fat pad and the cheek, there by improving the overall smoothness in this area.   I would also highly recommend an eye tightening topical and a profactional laser treatement at least twice per year. The fat pad will remain but the transition zone will be improved.  Please note that the filler must be injected in two layers 1. just superficial to the bone and with in the deeper layers of the skin.  A skilled injector is highly recommended.  Good Luck..  

Joseph Rucker, MD, FACS
Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon