What Would Be the Best Surgical Procedure to Make my Assymetrical Breasts Appear More Even?

I am 22 years old, and have been struggling with the appearance of my breasts for a long time. i would like to finally be confident with my body, and have recently been considering plastic surgery. Do you have any advice as to what the best surgical procedure would be for my asymmetry? I appreciate the help in advance, Maria

Breast assymetry can be corrected with cosmetic breast surgery

+2

I would recommend a vertical breast lift and  reduction of your left breast - this would be the most straight-forward solution to your assymetry. Your breasts will never look exactly the same, but certainly more symmetric with better fitting clothing.

Breast asymmetry

+1

To improve the asymmetry you may want to have a breast lift with a small reduction on the left side.  The asymmetry will be improved, but remember no two breasts will be exactly the same. Also not that even on the right, the areola is pointing a bit to the side.  If you want the right to be larger instead, then a lift on the left and a small impalnt on the right.,but remember adding diffferent variables complicate the surgery.

Best Procedure For Correction Of Breast Asymmetry

+1

In your case, it all boils down to which of your two breasts that you like better.  In either case, you will probably need some sort of breast lift for your left (larger and saggier) breast.  If you like the volume of your right breast, the lift can also include a reduction.  On the other hand, if you find your left breast volume more appealing, then you could undergo a left breast lift with little or no reduction and a right breast augmentation.  Obtain a consultation with a BC plastic surgeon with whom you can discuss your various options.

John Whitt, MD

Breast surgery goals

+1

Depending on your ultimate goals for the breasts, a number of options are available. For example, you may benefit from a breast lift/reduction on the left side to better match the right side. Alternately, you may opt for breast implants on the both sides along with a breast lift on the left.

On this site, I do my best to give advice without a physical examination but I want you to know that a physical examination by a certified physician is always the best way to get the most accurate information.  

Asymmetry Reduction Augmentation

+1

Your left breast is considerably larger than the right and the nipple location is much lower. So, on the left you will need a lift/reduction to relocate the nipple and size to match the right. If you are satisfied with the size on the right then that's all you need for now. The match won't be perfect but it will be much better.

Raj Chowdary, MD
Allentown Plastic Surgeon

+1

Dear Maria,

The good news is that plastic surgery can help make your breasts more even. I would suggest considering two options: (1) a breast lift with small reduction on the left, or (2) augmenting the right breast with a small implant or fat grafting, along with a lift on the left.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

Correction of breast asymmetry

+1

Thank you for the photos. You have significant asymmetry regarding size, shape and nipple areola complex. You need to decide which breast size you like better. If you say the right side, than the left side will need a short scar or vertical reduction/ lift. If you like the larger volume better, then you need an augmentation with an implant or fat on the right side and a short scar breast lift without reduction on the left side. The right side does not need to be lifted, your nipple areolar complex is above your breast crease. I would also consider liposuction of your anterior arm pits where you have excess fatty tissues. Good luck, and set up a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who is able to give you the best results with the smallest scars.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Correction of breast asymmetry

+1

Thanks for the question and the photos. If I were treating you I would need to know exactly what you would like when we are finished. Assumming you are fine with the right breast size, then I would perform a breast lift with small reduction on the left breast.If you want to be larger or if you would like the right nipple to be more centered, then this can be done at the same time.

William H. Gorman, MD

Fixing breast asymmetry

+1

Your posted photos show a larger more drooping left breast than right breast. What concerns me is the shape of the left breast and the stretched out areola. You need to be examined by a qualified surgeon face to face possibly corroborated by a mammogram to make sure there is no mass in that left breast.

Assuming the difference is only due to the way the breast tissue lies and the way it is attached to the chest wall, not to any mass effect, the recommended surgical approach would depend on which size you like better. At a minimum a left breast lift would be required. If you get implants you will need different sized implants in each breast. Non-breast reconstruction asymmetry patients are frequently unhappy when they get a breast implant only on one side.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

I would recommend lift and fat grafting

+1

You have different shape and size breast tissue. You will need at least bilateral breast lift and if you want your breast be bigger than the right side and smaller than the left side, I would do fat grafting for  the right breast and reduction for the left breast.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon