Non Surgical Options Facial Rejuvenation in my 30s?

Hi. I am in my mid 30s and looking to have some non surgical facial rejuvenation done. My main issues are (slightly) uneven skin, uneven skin tone (mostly brown spots but nothing that can't be covered with light makeup).... I am looking for something with only 3-5(max) day down time... Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Facial rejuvenation in your 30's

+1

You have redness of rosacea as well as brown sun spots and dilated pores.  Please consult a dermatologist who can treat your rosacea as well as offer various procedures.  Sunscreen with SPF 50+ daily is important.  IPL would help treat the redness, brown spots and pores.  Your brown spots may be darker for a few days and then flake off, but there would not be much more downtime than that.

Toronto Dermatologist

A Series of Superficial Chemical Peels Work Well For Facial Rejuvenation In Younger Persons

+1

I have been using a variety of in-office, superficial peeling agents for freshening dull, sallow skin; smoothing rough skin; fading brown spots, mottled pigmentation, melasma and improving fine wrinkling since 1984 with gratifying results. The agents most commonly employed agents for these purposes include maximum strength glycolic acid (70%); Jessner's solution (a combination of several different acids), and beta hydroxy acid (30%).

For best effect, some individuals may require a combination of these.
Depending upon the particular circumstances, I generally perform a series of four to six peels at monthly intervals and combine these in-office sessions with the at-home use of prescription formulations.

Superficial peels typically have little or no downtime associated with them. In some cases, the skin may be a bit pink and/or scaly for one to three days. However, most people have only transitory pinkness and can return to work or social activities immediately.

Overall, I have not been impressed with the results of more expensive and heavily marketed and hyped light and other energy-based treatments, including fraxel lasers and IPL, for any of these purposes. Chemical peels of all types are tried and true, have withstood the test of decades of safe and effective use in humans, and are relatively inexpensive and are particularly suited to a young person first beginning to have aesthetic problems.

Web reference: http://YoungerLookingWithoutSurgery.com

Repairing Damage with Little Downtime

+1

There are SO many excellent treatments available to reverse the effects of sun damage. A lot depends upon your skin type, degree of sun damage, willingness to accept recovery time, and, your budget. The most important factor is to have your skin care regimen supervised by a qualified individual such as a facial plastic surgeon, dermatologist or aesthetician under direct physician supervision. That way, your progress can be monitored properly ensuring good results and minimizing the risk of problems.  In any case, the first key is a good sunblock -- one that you wear every day. In general, makeup that contains sunscreen is not adequate. You really should apply daily a separate sunblock wit SPF of 30. The next key is to ask your skin care professional can guide you through the array of non-surgical options such as glycolic acids, topical anitoxidants and vitamin C based products. Retin A tends to sensitize your skin to the sun and, over time, loses its effectiveness at improving lines and wrinkles.  Best of luck!  Dr. Clevens

Web reference: http://www.drclevens.com/skincare.htm

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial rejuvenation even skin tone in your 30's

+1

In looking at the photo you have submitted I do see some brown spots however I am more impressed by the level of redness in your skin.  The first thing I would suggest is treating any possible skin issue such as rosacea which I suspect due to the redness.  A medication such as Azelaic Acid or Finacea would help both the redness as well as help lighten the brown spots.  A regimen consisting of year-round sun protection during the day as well as anti-redness antioxidant formulations such as Avene products designed for sensitive skin as well as their mineral sunblock of SPF 50 would be compatible with your skin.  I would use sensitive skin face wash both day and night. I would recommend using a retinol for sensitive skin or retinaldehyde  and allow the skin to stablize over a month before re-evaluating for the next step.  I would probable add a poly-hydroxy acid such as gluconolactone which exfoliates and evens skin tone without the irritation of most AHA's.  Based on the look and feel of the skin we can then determine which treatment to pursue - light peeling or IPL.

Long Island City Dermatologist

Photorejuvenation (light based) is ideal for young, sun-damaged skin

+1

A photofacial series using intense pulsed light (IPL) or a pulsed-dye laser (PDL) would be the most helpful here.  In 4-6 sessions with essentially no downtime.  IPL may be the best option as it works on three main targets:

1) Pigment (brown spots) - lifts them to the surface = less brown spots!

2) Opened blood vessels that make the skin look red - evens skin color and removes unsightly visible vessels

3) Water - the heat from the filtered light stimulates new collagen formation resulting in smoother, healthier appearing skin.  The skin is also more resilient due to additional collagen.  

This combined with a solid professional skin care regimen with the four main components (retinoid, growth factor, topical antioxidant such as vitamin C, and a good sunscreen) should produce very nice results.

Avoid excess sun exposure! 

Charleston Dermatologist

IPL works for brown and red areas

+1

You might want to consult about IPL (intense pulsed light) which is totally noninvasive and requires no down time. It can lighten both reddened areas and brown discolorations, and your photo shows both. You need to see an expert  to examine your skin to evaluate whether it is suitable for that treatment. You would likely need 3 to 6 sessions.

Mississauga Plastic Surgeon

Vi peels botanicals and retinoids

+1

For such pigmentation problems pretreating with botanical skin products that address pigmentation will help greatly.  I use the IS Clininal White Lightening creams and serums.  The kelp and mushroom extracts found in these productsl block the  conversion of melanin.   The retinoids help regulate and turnover the skin in preparation for a chemical  peel.   The Vipeel utilizes TCA, phenol and salicylate acids to peel the skin and dipigment areas of hyperpigmentation.  This peel takes 3 to 5 days to fully recover.  The process can be repeated in a month for those with deeply pigmented sun spots.  The Vipeels costi less than $400 a treatment. 

Annapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical Options for Facial Rejuvenation in 30's

+1

Your best option for overall non-surgical facial rejuvenation with minimal downtime is fractional laser resurfacing with the UlraPulse Encore for ActiveFX.

Your next best option is a series of IPL/ Photofacial treatments. A good, third option is a series of peels.

For both ActiveFX and IPL/ Photofacial treatments, your outcome can be improved and maintained by prepping your skin before treatment and being on an appropriate skin care regimen, to include daily use of SPF 30 antioxidant sunscreen.

For progressive results over time, you can use a product like EpiQuin Micro which combines 4% hydroquinone with retinol. This helps improve texture and lighten brown spots. Daily use of an SPF 30 antioxidant sunscreen is a must.

Seattle General Surgeon

Non surgical rejuvenation options for a 30 year old

+1

From simple to more complex, the options are:

1. Topical retinoids, like Retin A and Tazorac in the evenings and a broad spectrum sunscreen in the mornings.  What I see in your photo is pigmentary changes, dilated pores, some rosacea and some wrinkling particularly around the jawline.  So start the retinoids slowly, twice a week at night time.  Make sure you use a sunscreen every morning as 80% of what we think of as aging changes are due to ultraviolet light exposure.

2. IPL (intense pulsed light) - works well for red and brown discolorations of the skin and also stimulates new collagen deposition in the dermis

3. Other options include micro laser peels combined with fractional laser resurfacing

4. For volume loss, consider Scultra, a revolumizing filler that stimulates your own collagen formation.  Volume loss starts early, particularly when there is a great deal of sun exposure.

Short Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Non-surgical facial rejuvenation

+1

Daily use of a moisturizer with SPF 30+ (one with broad spectrum coverage containing for example Mexoryl or Avobenzone) would be my first suggestion.  As for topical creams, one containing a combination of tretinoin, hydroquinone and hydrocortisone, or with hydroquinone alone, can be used intermittently.  As for noninvasive procedures, IPL would likely help with the redness and brown spots.

San Diego Dermatologist