Is A Non Surgical Nose Procedure Good For A Droopy And Bulbous Tip?

If one has a nasal tip that "droops" when smiling, and is also bulbous, which procedure is best to sharpen the tip or prevent the tip from coming down when smiling? I heard Botox would be best for drooping tip, but why then to people mention Radiesse? What's the difference

Drooping Bulbous Nasal Tips When Smiling

+1

It is hard to determine if you would be a good candidate for non-surgical nose job without seeing your nose in person. However, I would not recommend Botox for your nose, as this is reserved for very few people and it does not sound like your condition fits that criteria. I would not say that you are absolutely not a candidate, as Radiesse is a wonderful filler for correcting drooping tips. However, you may want to include a picture or more information for a more accurate answer. 

Non-surgical procedure will not improve droopy and bulbous nasal tip

+1

A bulbous tip is caused from excess and wide cartilages in the tip of the nose.  No injection of the nose is going to make this any better.  The depression of the tip upon smiling is due to an attached depressor septi muscle that can be released at the time of the surgery.  It is just not a good idea to have any injectable fillers placed inside the nose.  It is always best to undergo a rhinoplasty if the patient wants to change the shape of their nose.

A Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty will not improve your bulbous, droopy tip.

+1

In my experience, injectable fillers will only widen the appearance of your bulbous nasal tip. Most patients that have bulbous nasal tips that droop with smiling will require Rhinoplasty Surgery.

You may want to re-ask your question with a photo for the RealSelf experts to peruse.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon