I've Just Had a Non Surgical Nose Job. Should I Continue to Get This Procedure With a Permanent Filler? (photo)

Ive just had a non surgical rhinoplasty. I've detailed my experience in a previous review. Basically I've always been self conscious about my nose and decided to go ahead with the non surgical route for 2 reasons a. cost and b. recovery time.The procedure was relatively easy and painless. I have included some before and after pictures.My main question is would it be advisable for me to continue getting this procedure done but with a permanent filler or would I benefit from rhinoplasty?

Non-Surgical Nose Job

+1

Not all patients desire large surgeries to change the shape of their nose, or to improve their breathing, however there is a minimally invasive technique of rhinoplasty called "endonasal rhinoplasty". You may certainly consider continuing a permanent filler to change the shape of your nose, however an expert may be able to give you a more permanent result though hidden incisions with minimal down-time.

Albany Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-Surgical

+1

It sounds like you want a permanent result.  Cosmetic Rhinoplasty is permanent and must be performed by an expert.  There are permanent fillers, but they may not be FDA approved for cosmetic purposes.  The decision is yours after you have spoken to a Facial Cosmetic Surgeon.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers for the nose

+1

Fillers are good as temporary camouflage for irregularities. Permanent fillers may cuase problems down the road.

I've Just Had a Non Surgical Nose Job. Should I Continue to Get This Procedure With a Permanent Filler?

+1

Congratulations! The filler seems to have provided significant improvement in your profile. Personally, I tend to avoid permanent fillers because they are ... permanent. If there is an issue with the injection it is very difficult to reverse and will not improve with time. For this reason, for permanent changes in the appearance of the nose, I will usually recommend rhinoplasty surgery as it tends to be more predictable. I hope this is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon