Will a Non-Surgical Nose Job work ?

I'm very interested in a professional opinion on a non-surgical nose job for my specific nose "defect". I have a bump on the bridge and... well, I hate it. I've looked at questions from others and appreciate the honest opinions that in certain situations, it doesn't work. I don't want to make my nose substantially larger just to remove the bump, but if a few small injections would help it, I would be very interested in going forward. THANK YOU !

Nonsurgical Nose Jobs Work Well For Smoothing Bumps and Humps

+2

I have been performing nonsurgical nose jobs for quite a few years already. Using volumizing fillers, such as Radiesse or Radiesse combined with Perlane L, I have treated bumps and humps on the bridge of the nose, depressions on the sides of the nose, columella show (when the wings of the nose don't completely conceal the inside of each nostril), and have elevated droopy nasal tips.

The original and primary indication for nonsurgical nose jobs was to treat small bumps and humps on the bridge of the nose. Adding sufficient volume to the area immediately above the bump can visually straighten the nose and can yield a very gratifying result. The entire procedure takes only minutes to perform, often with dramatic results.

If you preferred to get a quick idea of just how the end result will look, your doctor can inject a small amount of a harmless salt solution or plain local anesthetic into the region suffcient to plump it up and straighten it temporarily. The results of this quickie test will last for only a few minutes, but this is more than sufficient time to give you a good idea of the benefits of actual treatment. You should of course only have the procedure done by a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon with experience treating this region.

Non-surgical rhinoplasty not a recommended

+1

We do not recommend nonsurgical nose jobs due to complications and infections.  The nonsurgical nose job involves being injected with dermal filler.  Injecting the glabellar area of the nose can result in an overly high glabella and the patient will temporarily look like an Avatar or have a Grecian nasal profile.

Yes, Non-surgical nose job can work for small to medium bumps on the bridge

+1

Reviewing your photos, you are a candidate for non-surgical rhinoplasty or nose job. Here are some helpful tips:

1. Restylane may be place above and below the bump to make the contour straighter.
  2. You can have a test injection with salt water to see how it would look before committing.
  3. Maintenance shots are at 6 month intervals.
  4. The results will last longer as your body produces some of it's own collagen.
  5. Find someone who specializes in the procedure.

I have attached a link to a similar patient of my own.  Good luck in your search for information!

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will a non-surgical nose job work?

+1

Hello Casey, it is not advisable in your case to inject in hopes of minimizing your nasal hump. Based on the one photo that you did post it is quite clear that you would benefit from a rasping of the hump. You need an in person consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon. Good luck to you.

David Alessi, MD

You appear to be a better candidate for Rhinoplasty Surgery to remove your dorsal bump.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your profile photo:

Your bump is a bit on the large side, and adding filler above your bump will only make your nose larger. If you're absolutely against surgery, you could consider an injectable filler treatment above your bump. My experience is with Silikon-1000, an off-label filler for permanent results. You would likely require 3 or more treatments to achieve a desired result.

You might benefit from consulting a rhinoplasty specialist familiar with the delicate art of using fillers in the nose, so you could see what might be best for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

No

+1

If you want the nose refined and the bump removed, you need a standard nose job. Injected fillers are temporary and expensive.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD