Non Surgical Nose Job with Radiesse, Will it Affect the Shape of my Eyes?

I am considering getting Radiesse injected in my nose bridge to heighten it. I have a typical asian nose. Will the injection change the shape of my eyes? For example, will the tear ducts be exposed more and make my eyes look uneven? Or will my eyes seem closer together because of the taller nose bridge?

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty shoul dnot affect the eyes.

+1

Hi chelsfromia;

A nonsurgical rhinoplasty by injection, should not affect your eyes at all.  What is done on the nose effects the nose.  There would be no way to change the shape of your eyes.  The shape of your eyes is determined by the unique anatomy of the orbit (bones that surround the actual eyeball).  The tear ducts should not be exposed because they are part of the eye.  There is no reason why that area would be involved with the injection. 

Whether or not your eyes will seem closer because of the taller nasal bridge is a fair question.  That can be answered quite well if you do have what we call the "Saline Demo."  You could have sterile saline (the same solutions used in intravenous solutions) injected to mimic the effect of the Radiesse injection. (The saline only lasts an hour.)  Then, you can see what you like.  You can also decide how much of the filler you want. 

This demo or "test run" and computer imaging are both very helpful to patients in understanding what they are signing up for.  My best advice is to reconsult and re-evaluate because it sounds like this is a very important issue.  You want to make the right decision because removing the filler is not necessarily in the cards if you are not satisfied.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Author, SECRETS OF A  BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON
Author, THE ESSENTIAL COSMETIC SURGERY COMPANION

Radiesse and Affect on Eye Shape

+1

If  done correctly and carefully the only change with respect to your eyes is they will appear closer together because the bridge will no longer appear so broad and flat.

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

A Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty should NOT affect eye shape

+1

A Nonsurgical rhinoplasty, the selective addition of a filler to the top of the nose, uses a small amountbofvfiller to hide imperfections. Unless your Plastic surgeon is very inexperienced and does not understand nose anatomy, tree is a very low likelihood of it reaching much less affecting the inner corners of the eyes. 

Non-Surgical Nose Job

+1

The most important thing I can say is that you should have a consultation with a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon skilled in using injectable fillers for the non-surgical rhinoplasty (nose job).  There are many different fillers being used for this purpose.  An expert injector will be able to achieve your goals without having any effect on the shape of your eyes or on your tear ducts.  In our practice we use liquid injectable silicone for all non-surgical rhinoplasties. Feel free to click on the link below for before and after photos. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD