Could A Non Surgical Nose Job Improve the Appearance of my Hump? (photo)

Hi, I am a 17 year old male and I have a dorsal hump. The thing I can not stand about my nose is the profile. I have seen many questions like this featuring people with humps which are smaller than mine and the responses said that their hump was too big for a non surgical nose job. I will attach two photos: one of my nose normally and one with a hairpin to push the skin above my hump up, I know this is not exactly demonstrative of a non surgical nose job but it completely fixes my problem.

Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty or Rhinoplasty

+1

Filler may be reasonable, and salt solution prior to injection is a good trick.  However, I think you will probably need a formal rhinoplasty.  Kenneth Hughes, MD rhinoplasty Los Angeles, CA    

Nonsurgical rhinoplasty to reduce the appearance of dorsal hump

+1

While a nonsurgical rhinoplasty with dermal fillers will be able to raise the area you demonstrated with the hairpin, your overall appearance will likely be worse than it is now with the hump.  With that area augmented, your nasal starting point will be way too high - and continuous with your forehead, not unlike Klingons from Star Trek.  Nonsurgical rhinoplasty is not a good option for your nose.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Non-surgical Rhinoplasty Might Work. But, First, Do a No-Risk "Demo"

+1

Hi, there.

Before you even consider a filler, permanent or temporary, think about having a " test drive" or " demo". See the result and then decide. Like trying on a pair of shoes; the only way you know whether you like or not is to try them on. If not for you, for whatever reason, back into the box and you have not spent much time nor any money

Our practice has been doing non-surgical rhinoplasty for over 35 years and one very wise option is to " try before you buy". Have a sterile saline injection as the demo.

Our technique is to numb the nose with an ointment and then inject, via a very tiny needle, sterile salt water. We fill all areas which we think are appropriate. In your case, the upper bridge, above your bump. With mirrors in hand, you will see the result which is an accurate prediction of the outcome of permanent filler injection.

Makes sense,right?  Check it out

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS

Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON

Robert Kotler, MD

Non surgical rhinoplasty

+1

While a non-surgical rhinoplasty will likely achieve the results you post using the hairpin, it will create a very high radix on the upper part of your nose.  A better option to achieve a more natural result would be to address your nose surgically.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can evaluate you and assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Non surgical rhinoplasty

+1

Raising the radix on this nose would look very unnatural and give the appearance of too high of a bridge,  A surgical rhinoplasty to remove the hump is required.  Fillers placed in the nose are only temporary and can have complications

Non surgical nose enhancement

+1

Thanks for the photos and very creative demonstration of your concerns. Non surgical nose enhancement with fillers (Radiesse) is a temporary fix. It will improve for a limited amount of time (6-12 months) and requires repeated treatment once the filler is absorbed. The benefit of using Radiesse is twofold. First, you get to see and evaluate what your nose looks like with a raised radix and smoothing out your hump. Second, it's quick and easy to achieve the result, however temporary, without downtime and less disruptive if you have a busy schedule. If you are seeking for a permanent change, then surgical rhinoplasty is the gold standard and only solution. If you don't like the new appearance after Radiesse injection then you need to shave down the hump rather than adding to the radix. Using filler at least once allows you to be convinced that surgery is the only long term solution, not just hearing it from the physicians. If you like the changes after the filler and you still don't want surgery then there is nothing wrong to continue using filler to enhance your nose shape. Bottom line, you are in control.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty: No

+1

Although I am certain that some practitioner will accept your money for placing fillers in your nose, the likelihood of success is very small.  The pictures provided would necessitate a Rhinoplasty.  Save your time and money and approach the problem with a rational procedure that is time tested and very effective.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon