Non-surgical Nose Job Filler?

Can your own fat be used for this?

Filler can be used in the nose for a non surgical improvement

+1

Fat transfer is not good for the nose and it's not a non-invasive procedure.  Filler can be used in the nose for a non surgical improvement in the contour of the nose. But, it can’t be used to take away the size of the nose, only to reshape it.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat for non-surgical rhinoplasty? Artefill is better, IMHO.

+1

I'm not a huge fan of fat transfers in general, but the nose is a place I really don't like it.

As a temporary, try-it-before-you-buy-it solution, I tend to recommend Juvéderm (a long-lasting hyalurinic acid gel filler). If the patient likes that, then I usually suggest making it permanent with Artefill (a PMMA-based filler and the only FDA approved non-resorbable filler).

--DCP

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer for a Non-surgical Nose Job

+1

I think we are BENDING the term NON-SURGICAL when we use fat transfer. By definition, we MUST perform surgery (liposuction) to get the fat from one part of the body so we can transfer it to the nose. So, strictly speaking using fat is NOT a noninvasive, non-surgical way to augment the nose.

the other question would fat work in the nose? It would not work very well because the areas most commonly grafted are just under the skin of the bridge of the nose on top of the bones and upper lateral cartilages of the mid nose. without a lot of blood vessels in this area to feed the fat graft, they would not reliably take and the results may be disappointing.

On the other hand using long-lasting hyaluronic acid fillers is a true nonsurgical way of getting this done with predictable coverage.