What's a Non Surgical Way to Lower the Bridge, "Dorsal Hump", on my Nose?

I have an annoying hump on my nose and it's something that I wished I never had. Also, how does it grow to be so big/hooked?

Fixing the nose with fillers

+1

It is reasonable to consider using a filler such as Perlane or Radiesse (or even other fillers) to try and correct (or lessen the appearance) the dorsal hump. Best to speak with an experienced and highly trained physicians such as a dermatologist or plastic surgeon who can assess your nose and give you a personalized treatment plan.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Dorsal hump reduction with nonsurgical rhinoplasty

+1

There is no nonsurgical way to lower the dorsal hump, but sometimes making the radix (area of the bridge above the bump) taller, or augmenting the radix, will result in a straight profile and the illusion of hump removal.  The main determinant of the appearance of your nose is hereditary - does your nose look like your mom or dad's? - but other factors like nasal trauma can contribute to the development of your nose as well.   

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Nonsurgical Nose Jobs Work Well For Nasal Humps, Bumps, Hooks, and Dents

+1

Of course, there is no substitute for an upfront and personal consultation with an experienced aesthetic physician to determine whether a nonsurgical nose job is really appropriate. However, in general terms, nonsurgical nose jobs, using volumizing fillers, work well for improving nasal bumps, humps, hooks and dents. In my Upper East Side office, I generally use Radiesse, or a combination of Radiesse and Juvederm UltraPlus XC. In my Israeli practice, where a whole variety of very robust volumizers are approved for use, I generally use Stylage XXL, either alone or in combination with Juvederm Voluma or Restylane SubQ. In a side bar to this column you can see the before and after of a nonsurgical nose job in a patient I treated for a pronounced bump on his nose more than eight years ago.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

You could be a great candidate for a nonsurgical Nose job

+1

Some patients with humps on their nose can hide the hump with fillers, such as Juvederm, Radiesse and Arefill.  It depends on how large and where your hump is located.  You would need a consultation with a physician who performs nonsurgical nose jobs.  Some surgeons prefer more definitive treatments, such as surgical rhinoplasty, but if all you need is cosmetic improvement, and if you are a good candidate, then a filler treatment might be perfect for you.  Where my practice is, in Orange County, Nonsurgical nose jobs are very popular.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Correction of Nasal Hump

+1

A nasal hump can't be corrected non-surgically.  Fillers can be used for low or depressed areas to fill in.  Noses usually start to grow in puberty and finish by the late teens.  However, noses like ears tend to slowly elongate over the decades.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

None

+1

There is no non surgical way to get rid of a large bump. You would need a rhinoplasty. Non surgical nose jobs just put fillers in the nose which eventually go away and can cause other problems.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD