Can Non-surgical Fillers Help my Profile? (photo)

I am mainly unsatisfied with how projected my nose is, I feel as if it is too large for my face. It also hooks when I smile (pictures included) and has an indent on the left side which makes it assymetrical. I'm very wary about the risk of rhinoplasty and so was wondering what results could be achieved with fillers in the nose, or possibly the chin to balance my profile. Or is surgery my only option?

Candidacy for surgical vs. nonsurgical rhinoplasty

+1

For your specific concerns, surgical rhinoplasty will be a much better option than nonsurgical rhinoplasty as only surgery will be able to adequately address your concerns. A nonsurgical chin augmentation with Radiesse or Restylane may help you to achieve a better balance between your nose and chin on profile view as it will make your nose appear not as large relative to your chin.

Non surgical rhinoplasty versus rhinoplasty

+1

Dear leyladn123,

• It's best to understand what each procedure can do, and going the non-surgical route will get you less results (although still nice) than surgery
  • The non-surgical method can hide the bump, help the asymmetry, and lift the tip just slightly, but it would not much for the drooping when you smile...also adding filler will make the nose slightly larger, but in better proportion so it will still look nicer
  • The surgical route can address all of your concerns, but it takes time to heal and there is a cost associated with it

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

A non-surgical rhinoplasty procedure would not help your over-projected nasal tip.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

Adding volume or filler to your nose would only make your nose larger, and that may not be to your liking.

On profile, your tip is a bit overprojected, and you have a small bump. You also have a slight "tension-lip". On front view, your tip is bulbous. You appear to have thin skin as well.

It may be best for you to consult several reputable rhinoplasty surgeons so you could see what might be best for you and your concerns about your nose.

You may be a candidate for non-surgical chin augmentation with fillers.

Hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liquid Rhinoplasty Options

+1

Hello 'leylaldn123', thanks for your question.  If you are concerned with the projection of your nose, then adding filler would not improve the situation, and a surgical rhinoplasty would be your best option.  However, based on your photos, you do have a weak, recessed chin that can make your nose appear more prominent than it is.  Although a well-placed chin implant can help balance your facial profile and achieve better nasal harmony with the rest of your face, a mild chin augmentation can also be performed with some filler product.  Fillers could also help smooth out small indents or deformities of the nasal contour.  Short of rhinoplasty surgery, you can achieve nice, modest improvements with fillers that you can be happy with, as long as you have realistic expectations.  I recommend visiting your local board-certified plastic surgeon who will be able to do a thorough examination and go over the options in more detail with you.  Good luck!

-Dr.92660

Parviz Goshtasby, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon