Non-surgical Double Chin Treatment?

I am 27. A few years ago I've put on 15kg. I've lost it (my weight is 56kg now) but I still have double chin since. Are there any cosmetic procedures available (non surgical) that can help to reduce it? I read that procedures like mesotherapy may be useful

Ultherapy and Chin liposuction for the neck - Los Angeles

+1

The Ulthera procedure or chin liposuction can be performed to treat the lower face and upper neck areas if there is a double chin problem. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Double chin liposuction is still surgery

+1

thank you for the question

at your age you are most likely a good candidate for laser assisted liposuction in the form of SlimLipo.  The laser component to this chin liposuction procedure not only assists the traditional liposuction aspect of this therapy with more efficient and effective fat removal but it also helps to tighten the skin. Liposuction and laser assisted liposculpture is still surgery however and should be viewed as such. That being said, there is much less downtime and risk associated with this procedure and it is easily performed under local anesthesia. Your downtime could be anywhere from 3 to 10 days. I've had some patients bounce back with hardly a mark on their face and no bruising or swelling and in some patients develop bruising that has lasted a week.  I'll attach some information that would be more informative for you.

Best of luck

Chase Lay MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin liposuction could work well for you, but it is a surgery

+1

It is quite possible that given your age that chin liposuction could work for you.  Although it is a surgical procedure it can be done in the office under local anesthesia not unlike going to the dentist.  I have performed this procedure on many young patients with excellent results.  Please feel to review some of the before and after photos on the link below.

Dev Wali, MD

Non-surgical Double Chin Treatment?

+1

Chin liposuction may help.  Sometimes the problem can be made better with a neck lift.  Sometimes, the chin is a bit deficient and a chin implant will help.   Pictures or an exam would be necessary to sort this out.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Nonsurgical double chin treatment

+1

The double chin is created by a combination of sub-mental and sub-platysmal fat. Simple liposuction  can address the sub-mental fat, while sub-platysmal fat has to be removed with a neck lift. These are surgical procedures performed  in an outpatient surgery Center please see the link below for examples of fat removal in the neck in our practice

Non-surgical Double Chin Treatment?

+1

The two effective options include necklift which is an incisional procedure or liposuction which requires several very small incisions and is considered "minimally invasive." It is impossible to say without photos but at 27 years of age, you likely have enough elasticity in your skin to achieve a nice result with liposuction. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treament of double chin

+1

The only proven effective and reliable treatment for double chin is liposuction and/or necklift.  Any non-surgical treatment that promises long lasting reliable results should definitely be backed up with at least half a dozen long term (6+ months) follow up photographs of patients with a similar problem as you.  Glad to help

Ryan Stanton, MD

Non-surgical double chin treatment

+1

If the cause of the double chin is due to excess fat in the area, then I am not aware of any non-surgical treatments that would help.  The best method for treatment would be liposuction.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon