Non Surgical Way to Bring Jaw Forward? (photo)

I am 31 years old, I have a deep overbite and one side of my jaw has class 2 occlusion which makes my jaw look more rerouted on one side than the other.....can some orthodontic appliance help correct this problem and maybe bring my jaw forward a little....I really don't wish to break my jaw and face the side effects of jaw surgeries

Creating the illusion of a larger jaw

+1
Short of surgery to correct your jaw followed by orthodontics, you can correct the illusion of the jaw area by filling this area with Restylane or Juvederm.  I have had great success with this technique and it is simple and painless.  the down side is that it will have to be repeated yearly to maintain the results.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a lot of experience with facial anatomy and injections.

Nonsurgical alteration to the jaw

+1

I am afraid that orthodontics will likely not correct you enough, it might improve your occlusion some, but it looks like you need orthognathic surgery.

Julio Garcia, MD

Non surgical way to bring jaw forward

+1

With a deep overbite and significant asymmetries of the jaw line, it is probably best to undergo a mandibular osteotomy and set the jaw forward.  Oral maxillofacial surgeons typically perform this procedure.  A second way to bring the jaw forward from a cosmetic standpoint would be to simply insert a chin implant onto the front portion of the mandible.  There is no way to bring the jaw forward without performing surgery.

Correction of Weak Chin

+1

A chin/jowl implant would be the best alternative if you don't want mandibular advancement. Fat or Radiesse injections would be another choice  but improvement would be limited.

Non Surgical Way to Bring Jaw Forward?

+1

From the photos, your chin is extremely weak.  If you're not interested in a Chin Implant, to augment the chin, Radiesse could be injected to do the augmentation as an office procedure.  The Radiesse lasts about 1 year.  Be sure the MD, you choose, understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty.

Balancing chin, jaw with dermal fillers/implants

+1

You seem to have what is called receeding chin / jaw. When chin prominence is relatively small in comparison to nose and lips. In  a well balanced face tip of the nose and chin are at the same vertical plane on the side view.

You can improve this by using injectable chin filler or have a permanent chin implant inserted surgically.

Alexandra Chambers, MD
London Dermatologist

Overbite with Class 2 occlusion

+1

Hi,

Honestly the best way would be to do the mandibular osteotomy, However, if you are totally opposes to it then you can consider a chin implant which is somewhat less invasive. You could also try some radiesse injections, although this will only give you minimal jaw projection.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS