Does Everyone Need Surgical Bras and Compression Garments?

I am scheduled for tummy tuck and breast reduction on 12/30/11. My PS didn't mention needing to purchase compression garments or surgical bras, but I have read about them here on RealSelf. Are these items that I need to purchase prior to surgery?

Garments after surgery

You will likely be placed in some type of garments after surgery. We provide those for our patient at my office but don't assume that these will be given to you. Call your plastic surgeon's office and ask if you need to get something or will it be provided for you.

Good luck Friday.