Can I Get Surgety to Fix my Asymmetrical Eyes? (photo)

My eyes are dramatically asymmetrical, and this problem contributes greatly to me self-esteem. I don't have to wear glasses or anything, I have 20/20 vision, it's just the deformity. Is there a way to change this? If so, what are the circumstances?

Surgery for Asymmetrical Eyes

+1
These can be very challenging cases, and really should be addressed by a surgeon with extensive experience in working on the eye area.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric eyes. One eye lower than the other.

+1

Morning Jess,

This is correctable.  You've got dystopia or hypoglobus.  Not that uncommon.  Essentially was need a CT scan of the orbits and if the volume of your orbit is too much or the floor is to low you simply build that up with an implant.  I perform this surgery regularly so let me warn you, there are some risks.  Uneven look, under correction, over correction (not by much typically), double vision, and even blindness (though I've never seen it personally).  Get a several consults with Facial plastic or Oculoplastic surgeons.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Correction of asymmetrical eyes

+1

To me, your photo demonstrates that the right eye is actually lower than your left eye.  This looks like it is due to asymmetry of the bony orbit in the skull.  I am not sure that correction is possible, or worth the risk.

Scott E. Kasden, MD