What Surgery Do I Need? (photo)

I am 5 foot 5. 143lbs and I have had 4 children. All big babies over 8.5lbs... My 4th being 10lb. I am left with this awful middle after losing around 48lbs. I have personal trainer and exercise 3 times a week but my middle stays the same. I am a type 1 insulin pump user. Thank you

What surgery do I need

+1

Thank you for posting photos & great work on your weight loss! It appears that you will benefit the most from a full abdominoplasty with abdominal wall tightening.  You should have a nice result as it will remove the excess skin that is hanging as a result of your babies and weight loss.  You will most likely have a scar from hip to hip but there are many treatments that can help minimize the scar and benefits of this procedure will far outweigh the appearance of a scar.   Make sure you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to go over your concerns and learn what the best options are for you.  Good luck! ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

What Surgery Do I Need?

+1

Based on the photo, a tummy tuck is the procedure of choice. It will remove the excess skin and fat, and can tighten your abdominal wall. Congratulations on the weight loss, which will decreases the risks and improve the outcome of the surgery. Unfortunately, all the exercise and dieting in the world won't restore the elasticity of the overhanging skin. An attempt at liposuction would be ill advised, and would leave the abdominal overhang worse than it is now. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation,RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.