I Had Surgery 2 Yrs Ago.I Have Had Narrowing Wide Nose & Nostrils .

I have had surgery 2 yrs ago.I have had Narrowing Wide Nose & Nostrils (Alar Base Reduction). i think i am having breathing problem doctor narrowed my nostrils, i think my nose holes are too small, can you make them bigger?

Rhinoplasty Revision

+1

It is very hard to make the nostrils larger. If this area of concern is really bothering you, you may need cartilage grafts to the area that is collapsing when you breathe. 

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Breathing Problems after Rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty, especially ethnic rhinoplasty surgery, is a delicate operation that requires someone who is skilled and trained in both head and neck surgery and facial plastic surgery to have a strong understanding of the underlying anatomy.  Typically, this is not caused from alar base reduction or narrowing of the nostrils.  It is more likely an underlying anatomic problem (septum, turbinate, bony spur, or scar) that needs to be addressed.

Kimberly Lee, MD

Nostrils small after Rhinoplasty

+1

Although somewhat reduced, in size, your nostrils still appear to be an adequate size to sustain typical nasal breathing IMHO.  I know of no way to make the nostrils larger once they have been reduced in this manner.

Nostrils Too Narrow after Asian Rhinoplasty

+1

Nostril shaping is a very detailed procedure. Your nostrils appear asymmetric as well. Your breathing may be affected by the nostril aperture being too narrow or too weak. This can be corrected and may require grafting to strengthen the nostril rim so that it is stronger.  Trying to widen the nostrils back out is not usually the technique that is needed.  After your revision surgery, your surgeon may have you wear stents at night to allow them to heal well this time around.

Make sure you choose and experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Preferably one that has a lot of experience in nostril shaping and ethnic noses.

Ashkan Ghavami, MD

Breathing Problems after Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

It doesnt appear that  the size of your nostrils is the cause of your breathing problem. You may have a deviated septum, nasal valve collapse or a combination of both. See an ENT - Facial Plastic Surgeon to evaluate your breathing problem.

Best.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Post rhinoplasty breathing problem.

+1
Your nostrils are fine and are not the problem. It is probably the septum or the scar in the valve area. See inexperienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon to examine your nose.

Narrow nostrils and breathing

+1

Narrowing the nasal base must be done carefully or decreased breathing will result. Before attempting to widen the base, your surgeon needs to look at the septum for blockage and collapse of the internal nasal valve requiring spreader grafts.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD