I Had Surgery Yesterday, Every Time I Swallow, my Nose Exhales?

I can't breathe at all from one nostril. And the other one is stuffy, and every time I swallow, the nostril exhales (opposite of sniff) and I can hear the stuffy sound too. I had my hump removed and tip raised. Is this normal? What could be wrong?

+1

At one day following the surgery, swelling and blood crusting obscures any meaningful conclusion as to the long term result.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Immediate postop concerns should be dealt with by your surgeon.

+1

I don't think you have anything to worry about that this is really not a forum for immediate postop concerns. Only your surgeon knows what he did to you and should be available to explore any potential problems.

Rhinoplasty Healing

+1

You state you had a Rhinoplasty yesterday.  Everything you are experiencing is normal, but you need to follow up with your Plastic Surgeon for your best result.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD