Just Had Surgery when Can I Get Back in the Gym?

just had moderate abdominoplasty surgery last saturday, recovery is going really well, looking to go back to work Monday! I was wondering when I can start training again. Muscular workouts on other body parts? And then when I can in the abdominal area? I go away on holiday in 10 weeks, thanks

Return to Gym after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the tummy tuck surgery;  it sounds like you are doing very well.  I think your plastic surgeon should be your resource when it comes to returning to specific activities.  Remember that he/she knows exactly how you are doing and is ultimately responsible for your care.

Based on your  relatively quick recovery,  one word of caution I would advise is “take it easy”;  it is not unusual for patients to undergo significant physical and emotional “ups and downs” after tummy tuck surgery.

Working out after tummy tuck

+1

It sounds as though you are healing very well.  You don't want to push your recovery by doing too much too soon.  At around 10 days- 2 weeks post op you can begin walking or elliptical work.  You'll have to transition slowly back into weights or more strenuous activity.  You'll probably need to wait until about 6 weeks for that.  Focused abdominal work will need to be postponed for a few months.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Rehabilitation after Abdominoplasty

+1

You lost me!What is Moderate Abdominoplasty?Is it in between mini tummy tuck and full Abdominoplasty ?In any case it is too soon for you to do any training.You should have asked this question to your operating surgeon who can guide you better.Without knowing exact extent of the procedure it will only be a guess.

Suman K. Das, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Exercise After Tummy Tuck

+1

I'm not really sure what a moderate tummy tuck is but it most likely is some variation on a standard tummy tuck.  I do not recommend vigorous activity after tummy tuck to reduce the chance of seroma formation.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS