Can Surgery Make Someone with an Unattractive Face Pretty?

I want to get plastic surgery on my face but I don't really know what I want done. I don't have a very attractive face and want to know if there's anything I can do to make it pretty. (Haha...I must admit the story of Cindy Jackson has sparked some hope that maybe there is.) Should I just go to a plastic surgeon and ask if he has any ideas?

Plastic surgery

+1

I think that you need to figure out what bothers you about your face. Once you tap into that, you may want to go to a plastic surgery consult to determine what realistically can be done for you.  The goals are usually to make small changes so that you maintain a natural look. I would try to avoid radical changes.

Improving facial aesthetics

+1

The I do not like how I look what can you do for me approach is dangerous. There is no way for you to gauge your result after plastic surgery if you go into it this way. You need to voice a specific concern that can be addressed such as a high forehead or low eyebrows. In the case of eyebrow elevation you would be able to look at the after photo and compared to the before photo see the eyebrow is raised. Then you would be able to say you achieved a specific goal. I don't know why you don't think you have an attractive face or what you would consider to be attractive.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Plastic Surgery

+1

With just one view of your face and not seeing you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  I would suggest going in to a plastic surgeon and having a conversation of what aspects bother you and what is surgically possible.  After that, you can make an informed decision on what procedures or treatments might be best for you.

To answer your question, yes, plastic surgery can be used to make someone look prettier.  

David Shafer, MD

Surgery to make someone more attractive.

+1

There are things that can be done to give someone a more balanced look to their face. You must ask first however about your self esteem. You would be better served now by seeing a therapist BEFORE having surgery.

Can surgery make you pretty

+1

First of all you are pretty. Surgery adds or subtractd facial feature that truely need to be corrected. All of this about feeling better about yourself. Beware, some people can become surgical addicts in quest of what they percieve is perfection. Again, you are pretty!

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Don't beat yourself up.

+1

Low self esteem is not a good reason to have surgery.  There is noting wrong with how you look.  There are some simple non-surgical things that can give you a more glamorous look.  This would include a microdroplet BOTOX forehead lift, under eye Restylane, and a small lip edge treatment.  No surgery, nothing radical.  Please be careful what you look for, surgery does not always do what we want.