Surgery to Streamline Stomach After Small Bowl Resection

I was diagnosed with caecal volvulus 2 years ago and underwent emergency surgery to remove my illium, this resulted in a 4 inch scar just above and to the right of my navel. The scar itself is bearable but the skin above it ( hangs over it creating an obvious bulge. Can you reccommend a cosmetic procedure that might streamline my stomach again, i dont want a tummy tuck if possible.This was my second abdominal surgery as i had a c section 5 years prior to this.

Scar revision

+2

What usually happens in cases such as yours is more superficial layers of tissue become fixed to deeper layers. The treatment is excision of the scar followed be the repair of each layer i.e. suturing each layer to its corresponding layer level across the excision site.

You can see an example of this on the second case of the referenced webpage.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Scar revision

+1

A simple scar revision may be the simplest thing that would improve the depressed scar the most.  But without an exam it is difficult to say.