Second Surgery to Revise Lower Eye Blepharoplasty Scar? (photo)

I have genetic under eye puffiness. I underwent lower eye Blepharoplasty at 20. It left a dark pigmented scar under one eye.I am getting married in 3 months and want to go in for a 2nd surgery to remove the puffiness that came back. My surgeon suggests I go in for the transconjunctival blepharoplasty as it leaves no visible scars. I want to know 1-Is transconjunctival blepharoplasty scar proof? 2-How long does it take to heal? 3-What can I do to remove the pigmented scar from my first surgery?

Second eyelid surgery

+1

First off, if you want to be better in 3 months for your wedding, you are beginning to run out of time. Obviously, there will be more swelling from a second eyelid procedure than you had in the first procedure so I would counsel doing something sooner than later to give you the most time to heal. That said, I would agree with transconjunctival blepharoplasty with possible fat transposition. Lightening skin creams might enhance you postoperative results.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Transconjunctival blepharoplasty

+1

Transconjunctival blepharoplasty is the most frequent technique for lower eyelid enhancement I use in my practice. That being said, I would direct your attention to the outer corners of your eyes which appear to be sagging. Since you have had previous eyelid surgery with an outside incision, there may be some contribution from this procedure to make the outer corners sag. Based on your photos, I would probably combine a transconjunctival blepharoplasty with a lateral canthus enhancing procedure to restore the shape of your eyes.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Transconjunctival blepharoplasty

+1

This is quite a good option for you  with either fat excision or repositioning. There are no visible scars from this incision. You will have swelling and bruising for up to two weeks after surgery.

It is difficult to say from your photos what the pigmentation you speak of is related to. It could be muscle showing under thin skin, or skin pigmentation. There are some creams that can help remove pigment, but obviously not address muscle.

From the photos, you might also be a candidate for fat grafting to your midface/cheek region. 3 months away is starting to cut it pretty close.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon