Is surgery required to fix my uneven breasts? (photo)

Recently ive noticed a huge difference in the size of my breasts, its extremely depressing. My boyfriend says that the difference is barely noticeable, but it feels so big to me I don't know how he can say that. He showed my pictures to a lady in a bra shop, and she said it was less than a cup size difference and not unusual, but it feels huge and not normal at all. I'm 22, I wear a 32D bra, the left fits well but there's space in the right cup. Measuring around each I get about 0.8 inch smaller on my right. Do I need surgery to fix this difference or is it normal?

Uneven breasts or breast asymmetry is quite normal

+4

Thank you for your question and photographs. I do see the asymmetry or difference in the size of your 2 breasts. However raise your total in the bra shop the difference is less than a cup it is very normal. No women have perfectly symmetrical breasts a you are very normal.

I would recommend that you not worry about this difference and accepted. However there are procedures That can be done to attempt better symmetry but they crease scarring on your normal breast. In my view putting scars on one of your breasts would detract from the are very normal natural feminine breast appearance

Uneven Breasts

+2

Your breasts appear to have only mild asymmetry. This degree of asymmetry is very common and likely not noticable to others. I would not suggest surgery for this unless you are wanting a breast augmentation. If so, the right side could possibly have an implant one size (25cc's) larger than the left.

Jeffrey K. Scott, MD
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Is surgery required to fix my uneven breasts?

+2

Although some breast asymmetry that you are referring to is visible in the pictures, it is certainly not impressive asymmetry ( at least from what I can see in the photographs you have posted). It is quite “normal” for women to present with some degree of breast asymmetry; generally, it is very rare to see a patient who is absolutely symmetrical before or after surgery.

Overall, if you are happy with the size of the breasts in general, it may be in your best interest to avoid surgery. If you wish to increase breast size/symmetry, then the use of different sizes of breast implants may help achieve goals of increased breast size and improved symmetry.

Keep in mind, that despite best efforts, absolute breast symmetry is rarely achieved.

I hope this, and the attached link, (dedicated to breast asymmetry concerns) helps.

Breast asymmetry and correction of breast implants in Los Angeles

+1

There is likely a difference in IMF to Areolar distance. I would schedule an appointment to perform biometric measurements to see the root cause of your asymmetry.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

+1

Yes I see the minor volume and shape difference in the posted photos. But only either inflate the present implant if there is still fill volume available, exchange to larger implant, fat grafting, or a combination of these are your options..I would chose fat grafting.. .

BReast asymmetry

+1

Yes, you have asymmetry. It is a matter of if you want to do something to improve the difference. An implant in the smaller one might help.