Had Surgery to Remove Dog Ears, but Am Not Sure if It Came out Right? (photo)

I had surgery to remove dog ears. I am 1 month after surgery and I do not like the results. At the end of the incision I have extra skin that I when touched it can stretch. I would like to know if this is right or if the surgery came out wrong.

Concerns after Tummy Tuck Revision Surgery?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your pictures, I do not see anything to be concerned about. However, for more precise  evaluation/advice follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

"Dogears" occasionally require a revision after abdominoplasty.

+2

A dogear is a triangular flap of excess sking at the end of the surgical incision.  It results from trying to shorten the scar too much.  It is easily fixed.  Your correction, based on limited pictures, seems to be actively healing but headed for a good result.

Dog ear revision

+1

Hard to say from the picture but your doctor sounds like he or she is treating you well so go ask them what they think about you current appearance.Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Healing of Dog Ear Revisional Surgery

+1

There is some slight bunching up of the incisional edges but I see no evident dog ear. This should settle down and flatten as it heals over the next few months. There is nothing wrong with your scar revisional surgery. it needs time to heal.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Had Surgery to Remove Dog Ear

+1

I cannot tell where on the abdomen the scar you have photographed is, and this makes it not possible to answer your question. The photo needs to show the whole abdomen on front and side views. Please consider adding those views. Thanks and best wishes. 

Hello

+1

From your picture it’s very hard to determine what can be going on. The view of the picture is not helpful to determine what went wrong if anything did go wrong. You might want to get a second opinion.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS