Surgery to GET Puffy Eyes? (photo)

I am 23 and have almond shaped eyes and dark circles , the hereditary kind . I woke up a couple of nights ago and I was rubbing my eyes a little bit before going to sleep but I woke up and one eye was slightly swollen . It was slightly swollen and puffy yet , hope this doesn't sound odd , it looked much more nicer . I have trying to find different surgery s that give this affect , yet I woke up one day with half of my dream result . But are there any surgerys that give me this desired effect ?

Hollowness can be fixed with facial fillers

+1

The puffy result that you see is related to soft tissue swelling which is hiding some of the hollowness under your eyes. Volume to correct hollowness can be achieved with facial fillers such as Restylane or Juvederm. These treatments, if done by an experienced physician, can give a beautiful result and last as long as 2 years.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Just add volume

+1

I would start with a filler like Juvederm or Restylane, which could be dissolved if you don't like it.  If it turns out that you like the results, then you could give some consideration to fat transfer to produce a more permanent fullness under the orbit.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Surgery to GET Puffy Eyes?

+1

Filler to the tear trough is the best option for your anatomy and is least invasive.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Fillers or fat grafting

+1

Hyaluronic acid fillers [Juvederm, Boletero, and Restylane] are an excellent place to start. It can help with the hollowing around the eyes. It likely won't change the pigmentation, but will help contour that will decrease the shadowing effect.

You could also consider fat grafting. This is a more permanent solution, but is more expensive and it is very important to find an experienced surgeon, because done poorly, it can be hard to reverse, unlike the HA fillers.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Dark Circles Under Eyes

+1

For a younger person, hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane and Belotero are excellent choices to reduce a sunken, dark lower lid appearance.  Your natural swelling did this to some degree.  At your age, I would not recommend any surgery.  Good luck.

Steven J. Covici, MD
Springfield Oculoplastic Surgeon