Surgery Options for Puffy Eye and Droopy Lids? (photo)

Hi, I am looking for suggestions for a puffy eye and droopy lids. I'm 22 years old and my right eye seems to be swollen with more muscle surrounding it (or something?). Overall, I feel like I look tired and people tell me I look like I'm stoned/drunk. Are there any procedures that would give me bigger, more open and symmetrical eyes? I had a consult with a surgeon and was told I am too young for a blepharoplasty.. Any suggestions would be very helpful. Thank you!

Several options available

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  Of course a thorough exam and discussion would be needed to provide you with the most accurate recommendations, however there are a few things that we can consider.  There is something called congenital ptosis.  You do not appear to have this, however, and examination may show a mild form of this.  Essentially the eyelids are a little lower than where they should be because of the muscle function in your eyelid.  Prior to any surgery I would investigate whether a small amount of botox on the sides of the eyes gives you some of the improvement you are looking for.  This will weaken the muscle that tends to close the eye.  Another, yet even more temporary solution is eyedrops that stimulate Muellers muscle, which is a small muscle deep in your eyelid that helps bring the eyelid up.

Dr Remus Repta 

Eyelid ptosis?

+1

Your photos are not ideal for us to evaluate, as they are rather small, however, based on the first photo, your upper lids do seem a little droopy, though you have a chin up position which can mimic a droopy eyelid.

The other two photos do not seem to have the same droop to them.

If your droopiness is truly variable like this, you should have an evaluation by an Oculoplastics surgeon or a Neuro-ophthalmologist.

You can find close to you on ASOPRS dot org.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Droopy eyes.

+1

You have hooded eyes that are beautiful and do not need surgery. Decrease the puffiness by staying away from pork and salt. It may be mild allergies causing swelling as well.