Can Surgery Make You Look Older? My Eyes Lost Their Life After Hair Transplant Surgery. What Can I Do? (photo)

I recently had a hair transplant in July 2011. After the transplant I feel that my eyes look much older than what it looked like prior to the transplant. From what I feel it could be the drugs in the form of pain killers that caused this but not sure. I would like to know if this possible as I feel that it's taken the life out of my eyes.I am 30 years old. Also would be great to get a recommendation to help sort this problem in terms of fillers or anything else. Thank you!

Eyes older after hair transplant.

+2

Eyes older after hair transplant may be the result of minor nerve interruption that is temporary and will recover. If no recovery after 6 months the brow can be elevated to correct the slight drop you have.

Can Surgery Make You Look Older? My Eyes Lost Their Life After Hair Transplant Surgery. What Can I Do?

+2

The upper eyelids appear fuller after the hair transplants which be due to residual swelling.  IMHO, I'd wait several months to see if everything returns to the way it was before the hair transplants before considering upper eyelid surgery.  In general any plastic and cosmetic surgery procedure should, if it follows the proper beauty asthetics, make you look more naturally youthful and attrcative, not older or less attrcative.

A laser resurfacing procedure may help

+1

After hair transplant, you may suffer significant swelling. When this swelling subsides, the shrunken skin might be more wrinkly and give the appearance of aging. This should, however, be temporary. If you perceive the wrinkling to have persisted for several months, you should consult your surgeon and discuss the possibility of having a laser resurfacing procedure. This would help tighten your skin and build collagen for thickness.

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon