Following recent surgery, one nostril seems to be lifted up more and a different size from the other? (photo)

I am now 13 days post up and my nose is very much still swollen. However, I noticed from the first day when the cast was still on, that the left nostril was lifted higher than the other and had a different size and shape to the other one. I've been told it is swelling, but I worry this might not be swelling and wanted to get more opinions as it is really upsetting me. Also my nostrils are now very wide, is this swelling?

Following recent surgery, one nostril seems to be lifted up more and a different size from the other?

+2

You need to understand that a "perfect" correction is very very hard to guarantee. If you compare the before and early after posted photos the improvement is dramatic. If after 9 months you desire additional correction/improvement than consider secondary rhinoplasty revision. 

+1

It is too early to tell.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.