Is surgery my last option?

I broke my nose 7-9 years ago. Since then I have had a deviated septum and my tonsils out. It is still hard for me to breathe the only thing that helps for a little is the Vicks nose spray(glass bottle) plastic doesn't work. Would insurance cover the surgery to fix, because obviously something is wrong?

Surgery to fix nose

+1
There are only 3 structures that usually block your nasal passages:
  1. turbinate (hypertrophy)
  2. septum (deviated)
  3. nasopharangeal mass
The first 2, turbinate and septum are the most common causes which can be corrected by septoplasty and/or radiofrequency turbinoplasty. Insurance should cover this type of surgery because it's functional in nature.

Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Surgery required

+1
If you have a broken nose and a deviated septum, insurance companies will cover surgery, particularly if you have airway obstruction. It is best to see a plastic surgeon who will examine you and take photographs to submit to your insurance company for authorization.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Nasal obstruction and breathing problems

+1
There are many issues that can cause breathing problems, such as a deviated nasal septum, turbinate hypertrophy, allergies, valve collapse, vestibular stenosis, and chronic sinusitis. Each one of these issues are treated differently with either medications or surgery after an in person consultation and examination.

Deviated septum

+1
If your septum is significantly deviated and you have significant airway obstruction, your insurance may cover you reconstruction. Good luck. It is best to be seen in person.

Complex breathing issue

+1
You describe a complex problem. It is likely that surgery would help - there is a likely a solution.  Needs to be the right type of surgery.  If surgery is indicated, insurance would likely cover the treatment.  The first step is an in person exam.  I deal with a lot of complex, post-traumatic nasal airway reconstruction problems.  I would like to see you and help you.  I am in Austin, not so far away.  You can find me through my website.  My website highlights my cosmetic surgery work, but it will give you insight into my practice and philosophy.  512-324-2765, drweinfeld.com or austinfaceandnose.com

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon